Roket is looking for a talented visual product designer to join our growing product design team in Pittsburgh.
Roket (roketco.com) is a end-to-end product strategy, design, and development firm based in Pittsburgh’s East End. We partner with startups, growing businesses, and enterprises to design web, mobile, and customer experiences people love. Our expertise includes branding, user experience design (UX), user interface design (UI), and web and mobile development.
At Roket we’re working to change the way people use design to build and grow technology brands. Our approach is focused on solving business and marketing problems with design and technology. Roket is passionate and proactive about solving problems and getting stuff done. We’re building a team of smart, talented, and confident design-minded problem solvers. We’re currently looking for a Senior Designer to increase our creative horsepower.
The candidate should be a talented, proactive entrepreneurial-minded designer with the ability to create compelling solutions in all modern mediums.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Possess excellent visual design skills.
- Work with your Crewmates to translate client needs into project Mission Plans.
- Play a proactive role in creating visually and verbally compelling solutions for UI/UX, Branding, Visual-design, and Marketing projects.
- Collaborate with the Crewmates to solve complex problems quickly and efficiently.
- Confidently lead projects to success through clear communication, decisive action, and stellar work.
- Enjoy collaborating with clients and feel confident managing the relationship.
- Visualize concepts and applications through sketches, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes.
- Overcome the constraints that technology, time, or budget have on a given project.
- Possess a solid understanding of front end and mobile app development.
- Work closely with web and mobile developers to ensure frictionless design-to-development transition.
- Desire to learn, grow, and teach skills to further your abilities and the abilities of your Crewmates.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skill-set
- Opportunity to be an influential part of our small and growing team.
- Unlimited vacation days and paid holidays
- Profit sharing and retirement matching programs
- Casual work atmosphere with flexible hours
- Company-paid education opportunities
- This role is in Pittsburgh, PA and not eligible for full-time telecommuting. However, we do offer flexible working hours and remote working days when necessary.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying, we’d love to talk to you. Please email us at [email protected] with the subject line: “Super Awesome Designer / Your Last Name.” No calls, please.
This role is on site in Pittsburgh, PA and not eligible for full-time telecommuting.